Monday, April 20, 2009

Just A Thought

After listening to the Schofield Kid brag to William Munny about his model XYZ Smith and Wesson super duper .45 caliber Colt revolver with the kung fu grip I could not help remembering Mr. Bennett talking about how all things are significant in movies. For example, the picture of Abraham Lincoln above the clock would be significant if the director took several seconds to include it in a movie. A gun would be significant if the actor said this was his grandfather's buntline special Winchester .50 caliber rifle with the tae kwon do grip and golden trigger the way the Schofield Kid did.
As further proof for my case think about Dirty Harry when Clint Eastwood gives his most famous speech: Do I feel lucky?.
Now I am waiting in eager anticipation for that gun and William Munny to see some action or poker.......
Preferably draw.

6 comments:

  1. Do you want to see the dead man's hand in a game of draw, Dan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought no one could match, let alone beat my impeccable wit, but you have proven me wrong.
    After a recount it took William Munny four shots with a pair of eight shooters to become ace at gunslinging again.
    You see I will always win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case I have left my last comment ambiguous, I am referring to the battle of wits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He refers to a Schofield model Smith and Wesson revolver. Colt is a different manufacturer. There is nothing inherently special about the Schofield except that it was among the first to use fully contained cartridges similar to what we have today. Prior to that pistols had to be loaded with black powder and round shot, with percussion caps on the firing nipples.

    We will hear more about that gun, and several others, particularly the Spenser rifle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice insight and wit Mr. White and Mr. Sanbeg. The two Dan's in a showdown of wit and intellect... quite an interesting battle would ensue I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In fact, the three of us could re-enact the finale of "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. White is clearly Tuco. Sanbeg can be Blondie. I'll be "Angel Eyes," but in this version, I will win.

    ReplyDelete