Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Declaration of Principles

After today's class I court martialed myself and have reached a verdict of guilty. I apologize for my mutinous behavior on my previous post. I praise and thank Mr. Bennett for bestowing his mercy and clemency upon me. The standard punsihment for such behavior should have entailed the Cat o' nine tails (I miss this one), keelhauling (my personal favorite), caning, walking the plank, or even hanging.
So here are the principles:
-"Always keep your mouth shut," GoodFellas.
-After all Mr. Bennett has done for me I think I owe him a great deal of respect, courtesy, and trust. I should have trusted his good judgment and given Top Hat a chance before I said anything stupid.
-Even though I said an afterlife probably does not exist one should still have a code of honor and ethics to give one's life meaning and direction. My last post was not the thanks Mr. Bennett deserved after showing such a fantastic selection of films. Even if Mr. Bennett shows a movie where we just watch grass grow or paint dry I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
-There will never be a mutiny on the HMS Bennett again.
-Lastly I will post only positive comments from now on.

4 comments:

  1. I don't really have a comment here other than your post made me look up what keelhauling actually was. I was disturbed that people actually did that to each other. Then again I've looked up some Spanish Inquisition torture devices, and from what I've seen keelhauling may have been a pleasant alternative. Example, the Judas Cradle. If you have a weak constitution, you may not want to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite alright Mr. White, I don't think that you were overtly critical in your previous post, possibly not even handed but not mean spirited. I know that you have the utmost respect for Mr. Bennett and this class, and I don't think that you deserved to be tortured via keelhauling, cat o' nine tails, or anything of the sort. However, because it is Mr. Bennett's class, I would expect that if Mr. Bennett were to punish people who criticized his films, he would probably use what I believe to be his personal favorite, namely defenestration --(the act of throwing one out of a window.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The court reserves as its prerogative the sole right to prefer charges. Self-incrimination is prohibited under English Common Law and the American Constitution. Self-flagellation too was delcared anathema by the Pope, its adherents placed under interdict.

    Case dismissed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also find myself guilty of a negitive post. Next time ill try not to be so arogant and give the movie more of a chance

    ReplyDelete